Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Mind, Body, and Soul

I want to run away
I want to disappear
I need to find my way
Never again will I shad a tear.

Be the best that I can
Be free, be a man.
Walk through life,
Don’t let life walk through me!

The days go on and on
But time stands still.
From the day that I left you go,
I have been ill.
Lovesick, seasick, just take your pick.
Sick on the inside, sick on the outside…

When will I finally die and end the pain?
My heart shrank and froze,
My brain paralyzed, and my soul….
My soul took off and went for a stroll.
It never came back…

Memories of happy days
When I could still amaze
When I could still love
When I was still loved

You killed my heart,
Might as well end, with the rest
For never again will I be, or do my best….
Take my mind, take my body, take my soul
They used to work as one,
Now I’m left with none!

Love takes weird forms,
But no love hurts more,
Than a rose’s thorns

Nuno Geraldes Barba©

(Registo IGAC #786/06)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I woke up alone, my head just screams in pain
last night we put on a show, I still can feel your taste
I wonder where are you going,I hope some place not far from me
cause when you show up, it all stops moving and Baby you´re all I see
(...)
you come in and whisper You wan´t more
Of my fire burning, let´s get down low
you´re the dream I´ve wondered long before
love come calling trought my door
on your skin I´ll travel and be lost for sure
You´re my fire burning please kiss me slow
please kiss me slow
please kiss me slow
(...)

Innastereo

11:08 PM  
Blogger Luis Spencer Freitas said...

The mind might be gone, the body might be broken, but the soul is definitely there. A forgotten body and a cast-away mind give birth to a stronger soul, made of the fragments of memory lost, and the anxiety of times to come.

Já não escreves à uns dias. Onde andas homem?

Abraço.

11:00 AM  
Blogger ernesto said...

mais de um mes sem dizeres nada...

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what you wrote. I never saw anyone write like you do. You write what you feel, whats in your mind, everything.
I just wanted to know who or what girl made that to you. Who made you feel that way.

Bjnhs
Fico à espera de uma resposta.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Joana Gama said...

gostei...

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Just a smile and my heart flews away!...My mind, body and soul crashed when I see you in your poems"

Thanks!=)

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home