Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lake Zürich

I listen to the silence of the Lake.
Not a sound
Not a soul.
Just the moon
The heat,
And a sudden urge to go!

Where? You might ask
That I don’t know.

Across the silence
A flashing light
It sucks me into the night.
Shows me a way,
Leads me astray
And I get lost in my mind.

Feeling scared,
Alone!
Yet excited as I go
Deeper in the night,
Across the silence
Moving towards the light

What will I find?
Again, I do not know.

The Lake does that to you.
When only the stars are above
And the silence below
You get lost in your mind
Finding all the emotions you didn’t know.

Nuno Geraldes Barba©

(Registo IGAC #786/06)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I get lost in your poems...

"One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand (...)"

Thank You.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home